X-carve experience

Details, especially pictures and/or video, would help immensely. More helpful details would include the program you’re using, the material, the bit (size and type), speeds, and depths of cut.

As I’m sure you’ve noticed, there are quite a few things that can cause losses of steps. There’s a great troubleshooting guide for it at [Guide] Offset cutting, Lost steps, Positioning errors, etc. There’s also a thread with some videos I’ve made that may be helpful at X-Carve Maintenance/Troubleshooting Videos - Add Your Own!.

It’s also possible that some of your machine’s settings off. For instance, high accelerations and speeds could cause lost steps due to the weight of the spindle. If you’re using Easel, making a screenshot or a list of the settings that are in Machine Inspector would help us determine if a simple tweak to the settings would help tame your X-Carve.

If you’re not using Easel or if you’re generating your g-code elsewhere (and/or sending it through another program), that may be a possible source of error. Easel doesn’t recognize some of the g-commands, and each program has its own peculiarities. If you have a simple project that always seems to mess up, posting a link to the project or the first couple dozen lines of g-code could help us figure out if there’s an Easter egg in there.

I understand your frustration, please keep in mind that there’s a wide variety of people here with various levels of experience that can help. All we need is information.