X-carve in future or no?

@JoeZielinski if you have any other questions feel free to PM me or I’d be happy to hop on a call.

2 Likes

@JoeZielinski This right here says a lot… Lets see the CEO of shopbot or laguna offer to call you to answer questions. Great company!!

4 Likes

If the XCarve fits your work, no need to hesitate, buy one!
My shop XC has been running for hours a day for 2 years. No worries.
Support is outstanding!
Highly recommend!!!

Thank you to everyone who took time to reply. All the info was helpful and very encouraging. I hope our next post will be about our first project. Thank you all.

1 Like

Hi Joe, I have had my x-carve for nearly three years now. I have not replaced any broken parts, and still running the original Dewalt router. Every single time the machine does not perform as expected I find it to be my error and not the machine. I must warn you there is a learning curve involved with this machine, you will make mistakes at first and possibly find you need to tweak a few things after initial assembly. That said, once you get your machine properly set up and dialed in you will be very impressed! Go for it!

2 Likes

Thanks Bill I appreciate your input!

I’ve had mine for over a year with hundreds of carves. Can’t recall any issues I’d blame on tool/software. Plenty caused by me :slight_smile: . Forum is a big value add, lots off good ideas and help.

Joe, I have had my X-Carve 1000 for about 5 months. I have to agree with about everything said. The best thing is Inventables have you build your machine, so you get to know every part before you even turn it on. I have had very little problems with mine, and most of the problems I have had I caused. This is a great machine to learn on. If at some point you decide you need better you can upgrade. Take the time and do it right and you and your son will have some great times creating great thing and a great bond.

Thank you for taking your time to acknowledge a newbie. We are closer than ever, just ironing out some small issues out.

Hope to chat with you again.

Thanks

Joe and Nolan

1 Like

Hi Joe:

I have had the Xcarve 1000 since it became available. It is a great machine I have done nothing to it but add a DeWalt router. It is carving a guitar neck as we speak. I am most pleased with it.

Dr. Darrell L. Smith

This is absolutely true! I ran my X-Carve for about a year totally stock and then started adding parts, not because they were strictly “necessary” but rather because I wanted the experience of “souping it up”. Now, I’m not sure I could go back to stock, but the me of a year ago wouldn’t have complained. :smile:

1 Like

The only upgrades on my machine are what come standard now- and the only thing I had to do over time is check the belt tension and make sure the surface was flat and level. It’s a great machine to learn in, and make stuff. Anything less will drive you crazy- the combo of easel and xcarve really do make it easier. Once you get a feel for things- accepting there will be mistakes- you’ll get to a point where you have idea, go to the machine, bang out a quick design in easel, and whammo - magic!:slight_smile: later, you may want to go with more sophisticated software, etc, but the current out of the box is really impressive.

1 Like

Pull the trigger Joe!! I did in May '17, built it over the span of three weeks in an air conditioned space while it was blazing hot in Georgia over the summer and was making ornaments and gifts for Christmas. Watch out, it gets addictive. Mine is a stock 1000m and worth every dime. Have fun with your son, those times don’t last forever.