X carve is carving size 4 times bigger on all axis

Remove any jumpers in the position circled in red, any microsetting should be on the TB6560 board themselves.

2 Likes

Ok I got it…I try it…

Silk screen Excitation = Microstepping.

1 Like

I THINK decay relate to braking/retardation current to each coil. :sweat_smile:

I have no solid reference, mine is at 50% (of Stop Current, S2) but have limited mileage.

1 Like

I have another bearing at down to hold the ACME rod

1 Like

Good whitepaper on current decay: http://www.ti.com/lit/an/slva321/slva321.pdf

The TB6560 datasheet indicates 0% decay is normal. I think 50% may provide the smoothest response but it could vary depending on the steppers themselves.

1 Like

No

they are not stressed bcz it is 40 x 20 extrusion…

1 Like

Thank You Phil for helping me out of this problem.I removed all the jumpers on CNC shield and changed the settings that you told me…and now X and Y axis are working perfectly…i did that without my router on but it seems going exact dimension now…i will check Z axis later,but now i m so relieved bcz i was trying this for last 15 days … special thanks to @HaldorLonningdal as he picked the actual fault line.Thanks alot

1 Like

thanks sir…now x and y axis are moving fine…thanks for co opration

sir i will need your assistance towards building my own cnc machine. i bought some cnc hardware they are arduino uno, cnc shield, a4988 stepper driver pololu. 24v power supply and nema 17 stepper motor. my challenges now are that after assembling the hardware using the knowledge aquired from youtube and internet, anytime upload a command from the arduinno ide 1.8.2 version, the stepper motor will be shivering but once i take my hand closely to the arduino board or touch the heat sink of the pololu a4988 driver the motor will start moving in one direction

There may be some loose connection or wiring problem. You can try easal on investable site to jog your motors

@JavedHasan - glad to help :slight_smile: Enjoy your machine!

1 Like

Recheck if the four pin connector for your stepper motors is firmly and accurately connected to the CNC sheild

This is what I carved today…:bouquet::bouquet::bouquet:

1 Like

HaHa…:grin::grin::grin::sunglasses:…yea now it’s working exactly fine on X and Y axis. On Z axis I could not use your tips today that I will do later for now I just changed $102=65 it’s very near to accurate might be .5 mm variation …

Can you tell what will be the best type of 1/8" end mill to work on aluminium

Another question if I tries to make a bigger structure suppose the work area be 8’x4’ ,what software would be required to run that machine? and what kind of spindle (power and RPM ) is used in professional routers?

I have had very good success with these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-5Pcs-Solid-Carbide-Aluminum-End-Mill-3Flute-Cutting-Dia-3mm-Shank-Dia-6mm-/122375976269?hash=item1c7e2d354d

I run these in alumuninium at 10k rpm, 1800mm/minute and 0.2mm per pass. I can do 0.3mm per pass but that is pushing it/rough edges. My CNC is self designed / made btw using cheap materials, not Xcarve. If time allow me I´ll do a video of mine running.

Earlier I used DV8825 drivers and Nema17´s but could only do 900mm/min at 0.1mm depth per pass, upgrading to Neme 23´s and working on rigidity allowed me to go harder. Next in line is using the TB6560´s I have on hand to unleash the full potential of my motors. But like with anything else, when you push one aspect of a system a new “weak point” emerge :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

making controll panel with scrap

1 Like