X-carve not responding after failed firmware update

Yesterday my x-controller was doing a firmware update when something went wrong and it didn’t go through. After that my machine won’t connect to Easel anymore. I tried reflashing the Arduino but it also won’t show up in the Arduino IDE. I checked my ports and the computer does recognize the x-controller being connect to the USB. I’m running Mac Sierra.

I checked all the standard stuff, proper USB cable, power, drivers etc…, and nothing seems to make a difference. I also connected the USB directly to the Arduino. Tried some stuff from the Arduino forum but also didn’t work.

Could it help to do a clean instal of my OS and make a ‘fresh’ start? Does anyone maybe have an idea why my Arduino won’t show up in de IDE?

Thanks!

Got everything working again! Still don’t know what the exact problem was. Ended up trying 5 different MacBooks until I had one with El Capitan installed instead of Sierra. Arduino IDE found my x-carve immediately and was able to re-flash. Everything works fine again, also on my own Mac with Sierra.

Sorry for the fuzz :slight_smile: Hope this will help someone in the future…

1 Like

I’m more impressed that you actually had 5 different Macs to use. Sweet!!

1 Like