X-Carve orientation - Perspective buyer 750 or 1000

Hey guys,

I’m looking to purchase an X-carve soon and I have a quick (hopefully) question about the unit. I don’t have a ton of room in my apartment for the unit to lay flat, so has anyone setup the X-carve so that it is on an angle? Kind of like the Maslow CNC unit?

I do have room enough for the 1000mm unit to be outside on our patio, but would want to build a cover unit to protect it from the elements of nature.

Do you guys think that I should go for the larger unit and put it outside, or the 750mm unit and angle it up against the wall.

Thanks!!

The Maslow CNC unit:
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/57e561e720099e0d7a7f6aca/58069c2603596ed3a86568e7/58069c639de4bb8d17fcb949/1476828265695/Maslowinshop.jpg

P.S. Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, feel free to move/delete if it is. First time posting on here. :smiley:

You don’t want it exposed to the elements, the waste board is a material that will swell in the humidity for starters.

As for orienting on an angle, I suppose you could, if you could provide counter weights so the motors don’t have to fight gravity.

Other option would be to store it vertically and swing down flat when in use, search on the forum here and you’ll find some posts about folks who have done that.

Thank you so much Darryl!

I’m in Arizona so humidity isn’t much of an issue, but I could just see a lot of issues coming up with keeping it outside.

I will definitely check out the forum and see what people have done.

Tyler made a great fold up table that might work for you.

@TimMoran That’s awesome! Thank you for showing! :smiley: