X-Carve Pros Start Shipping!

Those plans are awesome! Would you mind if we pointed people to them in the future?

Would you rather it to be 6’x6’ based on the recommendation from Inventables?

I like that this one uses on 2 sheets of plywood, where did you wind up putting the computer and HMI with yours?

The HMI is on the lower shelf in the back left and my PC is wall mounted. You can see both in this picture, you just have to look in the back behind the dust boot arm for the PC.

HMI location is limited based on the location of the IGUS cable chain and the length of the cables. My PC has been mounted on the wall to keep it away from most settling dust.

1 Like

Waited patiently since Nov. 2nd for my Pro. Ordered a table to support the VCarve, it was in production delays?? Wouldn’t you know I got a call today, they’re delivering my table, which I have to assemble and add a top, will be delivered Monday afternoon!! Then, I get an email later, my Pro is being delivered Monday afternoon!! Coincidence??

1 Like

Machine Size Recommended Table Size Recommended Total Workspace
4x2 (65.75” x 31.6”) 6’ x 3’ (min 500lb weight limit) 8’ x 14’ (to allow for tiling full 4’ x 8’ sheets)
Machine Size Recommended Table Size Recommended Total Workspace
4x4 (65.75” x 55.75”) 6’ x 6 (min 600lb weight limit) 8’ x 14’ (to allow for tiling full 4’ x 8’ sheets)
1 Like

Hi Shane. My XCP is supposed to land here in the next month so I’m now looking at workbench design. Is there a reason you didn’t put your bench on wheels? Everything that sits on the floor in my shop is on wheels so that I can re-configure as needed. Do wheels introduce the potential for the machine to “tweak” and then the workbed isn’t flat anymore?

@ZakMelms It is on wheels, just not standard casters. All workbenches in my shop get a set of Rockler Workbench casters. This allows the workbench to move when I want it to and be sitting on the floor when I don’t want it to move.

Not sure if you’re talking 4x2 or 4x4, but if it’s 4x4 its probably not getting rolled around very much in reality. … either way, if your concerned of the table twisting, then maybe a torsion box design would benefit your table rigidity… I used these wheels on my 6ftx6ft table. I’ve only actually moved it 2-3 times (a total of about 20 inches after a cabinet was moved out of the way…) in the past 18 months… and on the lower shelf lives a planer, Spindle Sander, 40 cans of spray paint, a 5 gallon bucket of spindle cooling water, a mini router table, and a stack of walnut planks my point being that the wheels are crazy strong…
I used these wheels, which have nice brakes that ratchet down and lift the table off of the wheels, the wheels are each rated at 2,200 lbs :grin:
https://amzn.to/2YbNyVQ

Thanks those wheels look great.

I have a 4x4 on order, scheduled to arrive the week of the 18th (soon!) so I’m building a workbench next week and clearing space in the shop. Everything in my shop is on wheels. Probably because I’m afraid of commitment. My question about the rigidity is purely if the XCP itself is rigid enough to counter act any twisting that could happen in a table top as a workbench is rolled across the floor. My garage is flat but has standard slope to the floor drains. A torshion box could solve this but I’d rather build something simpler since it is ultimately just a rolling tool stand and not a work bench.

Thoughts?

I am also waiting for the arrival of my 4x4 XCP. I am almost done with my basic machine cart. It is 5x6 feet with an 1 1/2” MDF top, extruded aluminum frame resting on four heavy duty caster. I hope I get my XCP soon so my brother (onefinity owner) will asking “when are you getting your CNC?”

Do you have any finished picture of your table? Also, curious to know how you put the top on?

Do you have a cut layout for doing it with 2 sheets. I can not figure out how to get the shelves done with just two sheets. I can get it done if I split each shelf into 8 sections but can not figure out how did it with two pieces and four sections instead of two as shown in the plans. I can do it in 2 sheets but it is 16 total pieces.