X-carve upgrade essentials?

I had started to look at the CNCNewbies Z axis when it came out, but I have the Inventables Dust Collection arm (and REALLY like it) and wanted to make sure that any new Z axis could be made to work with it. I emailed CNCNewbies and didn’t get an answer that I could do anything with. It became clear that I’d have to spend time cobbling up a solution and so it got back burnered. Then TBD CNC came out with a slider and had an option to make the dust arm just work with no fuss. At the time the CNCNewbies also used a round linear rail and the TBD one had square linear rails - it seems that CNCNewbies switched shortly after that, but I had already ordered from TBD and have been happy with it since. This weeks project is getting the TBD Supergrade leadscrew upgrade installed - it’s almost done, just some tuning left to do.

3 Likes

@DanielMiller does the Huanyang Water Cooled CNC Spindle Milling Motor 110V 2.2KW 24000RPM 400hz ER20 Collet for Engraving Machine Fit in the stock spindle clamp that the dewalt 611 uses? If not what have you come up with.

I have no idea if it fits or not. We’re still using the stock Dewalt 611. It’s served well enough for our purposes and we haven’t yet seen a reason to replace it! I’m sure we’ll move on to a different spindle in the future, but that’ll be when we have the money to burn, and at the moment it just isn’t a priority.