So I got my new 800W water cooled spindle working last night (on the bench).
I set up the thermaltake all in one cooling setup (pump, reservoir, and radiator). I did remove the 3/8 ID connectors on the radiator, and replaced them with brass 1/4 ID connectors. I used teflon tape to get a good seal. So far (after a bit of tightening) it doesn't appear to leak. I used some 1/4 ID 5/16 OD tubing from mcmaster that fits the spindle perfectly.
On the VFD, I made the mistake of doing a factory reset before programming it. It turns out that there isn't really a 110V model, and this one is a 220V model with some settings changed. I didn't know that. So I set the frequency (max and base), and the motor settings like revs and max current, and fired it up. It spun up, made some interesting noises, and shut down with an overload fault. Then I noticed the voltage was set to 220 (which seemed odd that it would overload, if the source is only 110), but I set the max voltage and the motor voltage to 110, and now it spins, and is very quiet. According to the VFD, when running with no load, it is drawing about .3 Amps.
I'm a little worried that there may be some other settings that I messed up by doing the factory reset, so I tried emailing the seller.
Now the problem is to get the mount working. The cast aluminum mount fits the motor perfectly, but is too wide to mount on the x-carve z plate. The Dewalt 611 mount is 2mm too wide. I'm not sure how I would shim it.