X-carve VS Shapeoko

Shapeoko all the way, if you do not want to have to put together a machine Vs. My son and i were up and running in a Shapeoko in one hour almost…then thats your decision, both use Gcode and done… and you can still use their online thing with shapeoko, Easy Decision for me never regretted it, the Shapeoko comes with all of the extra’s Switches etc, I came from the 3d printed world and you need them period. Plus it’s easy to put together…

1 Like

Thanks Randy for the Advise. It means a lot to me. Going to place an order today. I am going to call both companies and customer service will be the final factor in my decision.

Hi, Tim.

I went with the Shapeoko 3. I conducted months of research on different cnc routers and concluded the best bang for the buck clearly goes to the SO3. Not only is it a breeze to setup and get running, I find it remarkably easy to use.

However, the absolute BEST reason to go SO3 is the pre- and post-sales service. Will Adams and the crew are devoted to their users, even the noobs like me. I had many, many questions and the support was unfailingly responsive, professional, friendly and quick. The only time I did not get a reply within a work day was when they had a backhoe destroy their internet service.

And possibly, best of all, they pledge (and do) help you overcome ANY problems, be it SO3, their software and third-party software (like V-Carve). They have reviewed G-code generated by other software to debug problems and even helped me with the CAD software packages I use.

SO3 and support are the gold standard in my opinion in their market space.

Hope this helps,

Allen

3 Likes