X-Carve Workspace Showcase

Finally got my rolling table built, x carve assembled, and completed my first carve. I have seen some incredibly awesome work spaces here and am grateful for all the ideas. BIG thanks to all on the forum who have helped me out with all my newbie questions and provided solid advice…here is the direction I am moving. Next step: dust managment.

14 Likes

Nice set up! You like yellow don’t you? I love it! I’m a Dewalt guy myself but nowhere near your investment. LOL

What are you thinking for dust management? I just got a SuckIt dustboot and it’s working really well connected to my Dust Deputy and ShopVac.

Thanks Jason…unfortunately the OCD gets the best of me sometimes with the yellow. I got one of those 9 piece DeWalt kits 10 years ago while serving in Iraq which helped my team build all kinds of good stuff out there (fortified hospital structures). Tools never failed even after the stuff we put them through. Other than battery replacement, still work strong 10 years later so I became a fan. Iam sure there are better tools out there, but these work for me. Great info on the suck it with a dust deputy…just got a suck it myself but have not designed the hose system for it yet. I did see a recent post on here for a clean build for the hose clamps. Going to look further into that direction as well as the dust deputy.

2 Likes

WOW Your garage is amazing! I really wish I had the space you had. Great work

Thanks Kasey…I can only use half of the garage (standard 2 car) since my wife wants to park her car in there. Just enough space to work in though.

Get rid of the car, or the wife if that will help :blush:. Nice setup!

3 Likes

Navy man… I should have known…

Ha ha great shop

1 Like

You picked the X-Carve just because it uses a Dewalt router, didn’t you.

4 Likes

Go Navy!

1 Like

Well at least we beat you once in 15 years… ha ha ha

1 Like

And it will be another 15 years before you do again! HaHa!

1 Like

X-carve away, my boys.
X-carve away.
Farwell to our bank accounts…
we bought some new bits today.

2 Likes

We only sell stuff if we use BLUE LOCTITE!

Nope. Mine has paid for itself and another $2000 + that I’ve re-invested in the jtech laser, upgraded Z, VCarve Pro etc…

It’s not about the money…it’s the joy of others when they receive something that I made. That puts a smile on my face.

Someday making a little money from this hobby would be just icing on the cake

3 Likes

How do you market your signs?

I got mine just before November aND made enough to pay my machine off by January. I sure miss that whole Christmas fever!

1 Like

Wow that great. Maybe I should think about selling. How do you market your creations?

Literally all of my customers come from Facebook. Join some local buy sell trade facebook groups and post your stuff. I posted 1 led sign and had over 100 comments that lead to sales.

How well do you do on etsy Phil? I’ve always been told that it’s saturated and difficult to sell with all of the competition.