X-Carve Workspace Showcase

My shop is fueled by Fruit Punch Rock Star too!

2 Likes

It really helps keeps my hands steady around power tools when I forget to eat breakfast, but always remember to drink a rockstar at 8am while downing a half pot of coffee.

2 Likes

Amen to that. I keep a mini fridge in the garage stocked with Monster and water. I go inside for the beer (the keg is a pain to bring in and out all the time).

1 Like

I made this guy for my garage :slight_smile:

8 Likes

i need one now

Made it from 3/4" but profile only cuts 1/4 because its faster to run over my router table with a flush trim after than it is to finish 3/4 profile and also saves me from putting a sacrificial board under it. feel free to do it however you would like though

Monster energy.crv (793.5 KB)

3 Likes

I love Nuka Cola as well!

I started my enclosure for my 1000mm and made a mess of it :(:tired_face:.
My torsion box is 1200 x 1200mm and made an enclosure to sit over it today but me being brains never allowed for the 18mm either side so no my inside space is 1164mm barely enough for the x carve . Now I have no room for the x controller :frowning:
Does there be much slack on the wires from the drag chain on the 2017 model ?I might mount the controller on the wall of the enclosure or underneath the table .
Any ideas people?

Some acrylic I got on the cheap for the front and maybe some on the sides

Drill a hole in the side for the wires and just bolt the X-controller to the outside…

2 Likes

Thanks @DamnitJim. I was hoping to have it up and tunning this weekend but looks like another couple of days.

1 Like

Looks incredible Ian. I am doing something similar (modifying my house) to contain the X-Carve. Love the workspace to the left of your table. Very clean and organized :+1:

Just finished my cabinet for my x carve but I have no room to sit my x controller beside it. Is it ok to mount the x controller on its side to the wall of the cabinet inside?

I dont wanna mount it outsde the cabinet because of dust from a table saw :frowning:

1 Like

If you do that I’d consider at least extending the big red panic button to be accessible outside the cabinet.

2 Likes

I would not put the controller in with the dusty machine without a good vacuum connected. I’d probably mount it on the cinder block wall with a couple 1.5" concrete bolts.

2 Likes

Not the answer I needed to hear lol. The motor wires are very short comingfrom the dragchain :frowning:

When I made a table for my X-Carve I made a space underneath for the X-Controller and ran the wires through a hole down to it. I also added an extension wire on the big red button so it would still be available. Could you modify your setup to have the X-Controller sit just below?

1 Like

I would have to extend all the wires to go through a 4 inch torsion box and out towards the front of the bench… I’ll have to have a good look tomorrow. I only put the xc in and had to run out to work tonight.

1 Like

Can you put a hole through the side of your enclosure, and mout it to the exterior wall. You can then reseal the hole to contain the dust. There should not be a problem with the box mounted on a vertical surface, and it should keep all the controls handy.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies guys. I think I have a plan. Im going to run the wires through the wall and build a box for it on the side of the bench to keep it free from dust from the other tools in the garage. Ill let you know how I get on… I just wanna get carving already lol

Just finished my little workaround. Put a box on the side . Going to put hinged doors front and back for access and cooling. A bit off gaffer tape will have to do till I pick up some hinges lol

3 Likes