X-Carve Workspace Showcase

Jeff, I am hopefully getting mine soon enough and will have to be mobile. Is this for 1000 mm machine? I have a full woodwhop in 2-car garage so I need to figure out where it will fit. Being enclosed doesn’t over heat the router or controller?

Thanks
Munawar

Ryan, what size flush trim bit you used on your router table? Some of the radius seem tight. Now a dumb question, what is the design?

Hey i have ne machine for a while and I already finished my “box” nearly a year ago so I thought it might be time to share it.

I still have the old stock x carve which might get some upgrades in the near futur.
I added the cycle resume start and cancel buttons and an relay array to power the router and vacuum in a new controller box. I have some extension cables with aviator connectors for easy installation. I added a connector for the router to take it out of the machine and use it by hand.
I’ve a diy dustshou attaching directly under the gantry. My first metal cut was a 3D Touchplate.
To silence the machine and keep the dust to a minimum I made my box out of construction lumber and plywood plates. The inside is covered with acoustic foam. The front door unfolds to the top to get good exces to the work bed and has acrylic windows.

7 Likes

I cut with a 1/4 And flush trim with a 1/4. It can be tight but it works. It’s the monster energy drink logo

1 Like

What are the dimensions of your table? That is a 1000mm Xcarve right?

@FoxxFighter

sweet looking setup man

but do you worry about that these wires need to be shielded? using a connection method like this is not ideal and could lead to signals getting crossed and things going a little wavy

1 Like

Thanks man!

I think I haven’t had any issues regarding shielding. But I am not quite sure how such a problem would look like. My limit switches work fine and my cuts are going well, didn’t find any misaligned cuts.

I am pretty happy with my enclosure, next thing will be a new base with a box to muffle the vacuum and a dust separator right next to it.

Your foxx

MIne are hooked up the same way and have been for 2 years. No issues with crossed signals…

1 Like

Thought I would share my cabinet for my X-Carve. I built it this past spring. Ignore the mess on top. I was organizing and cleaning. I have air and 3 outlets, also surge protector on the corners.

5 Likes

First, a quick shout out to @DebbieLee for introducing me to the X-carve. I blame you. :wink:.

Went over to the States last Friday to pick up my machine. Everything was there except the Clamp set and the Dust collectior. I got a shipping notice for the Clamps today, but nothing on the dust collector yet.

Finally got the machine up and running, it took me a little longer than I thought it would. Assembled over 4 days, a few hours each day, and only rebuilt the wasteboard frame once. Took some tips from here and made a torsion box to set the machine on. I am only clamping it to machine to the box for now, until I decide how I want to screw it down.
I followed Peter Parfett’s @New_Brit_Workshop video. It was very concise and easy to follow. He describes everything very well and kept things clear.
Suprisingly, other than the X-axis and Z-axis moving in the wrong directions, everything went perfect.

I am building a new workshop in the spring. By then I should have a good idea of the workspace I want, and I will build a custom cabinet for it. Until then, this is my work area.

Got my first test carve done and looking forward to a lot of playing around.
Some will notice a couple of errors. In the little guy, there is some depth issues. I started the carve, and then realized it was going 8mm deep. SoI stopped it, reset the cutting depths to 2.5mm and started over. In the “r” of the lettering, there is a small uncut connetion. I didn’t realize that the 1/16th bit was to big. I figured out later that if I had just enlarged the lettering by about 5%, it would have cut fine. Oh well, that is how we live and learn.

8 Likes

Awesome! , glad you got it up and running with little effort :slight_smile:

Keep an eye on the detail view it would have shown your 1/16 was too big.

Let me know if you need anything , just a stones throw away !

1 Like

Any updates to your setup? This is an awesome idea and really curious how it’s worked out for you.

where did you get the brackets from that you have used to make up the frames?

thanks mate! cheers

Got this same kit, really really good stuff. :smiley:

It’s not X-carve but that’s how I organise my work space

2 Likes

Has any one ever built a X-Carve workstation with their x carve?

Haha could be. I was just thinking because in my classroom I have somewhere where I can intialy set it up but it would take up student space. So I was thinking about using it to create a workspace for itself. If that makes sense.

Great idea. can i ask which tablet you are using for this? looks to have a full size usb port right on it.

This is the one I bought - it’s actually been 3 years and I’m sure they have better ones now:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QDJ2FUK/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1