X controller on its side

does anyone else have the x controller mounted on its side due to the wire restriction length ?
will i cause any damage keeping it like that or should i lengthen the wires to sit it under my table, i dont have the space for the side board so i mounted the x controller to the side edge of the table, what do people think

1 Like

Nothing wrong with that as long as your wires enough to rich.
If you plan to extend cables to have more flexibility, you better replace cables with longer ones.
Previously couple guys having problems soldering extra cable pieces to existing ones.
But at least you can try extending. If you have problems, soldering is the blame then you change whole cable.
Also I have seen one guy put simple strip of terminal blocks next to machine and install another cables to Controller which installed under table upside down. I didn’t hear any problems on that either.

thanks for the responce Alan, i will keep it on its side for the time being…

1 Like

Yes mine is mounted on the wall next to my x carve.

1 Like

I used some terminal blocks to extend mine. This way I could disconnect and reconnect easily. No problems here. In fact, 2 terminal blocks, one by the machine, and one by the controller. It was my solution when I used the older controller to refused the stress at the box.

1 Like

I have the same issue Sandy. All of my electronics will be out of sight underneath the X-Carve. Just make sure you have proper ventilation.

1 Like