X-controller wiring PWM

Hello - can anyone provide me with a clear picture and explanation of how they wired there QC spindle into PWM pin on the back of the xcontroller? I have all the motors hooked up correctly but I don’t know how to access the PWM function of the xcontroller with the QC spindle or my Chinese 600W spindle. I realize you need another power supply to power them (Which I have) but am unsure of how to wire it together and am afraid of making smoke (again…) I have a job coming up and I need to get my machine up and running soon!!

My wiring skills are virtually zero so if you could resound back like you are talking to a toddler that would be greatly appreciated also the use of colors, large arrows and crayons is also encouraged…

Thanks in advance
Stefan

Please lets us know what inputs your spindles have.

• My Quiet Cut 48V Spindle has _____
  • My Chinese 600W Spindle has _____

Examples:

• 2 screw terminals labelled X and Y?
  • Two wires red and black?

From there some sort of wiring diagram can be suggested / created.

Thanks Jeremy-

Both spindles have 1 black wire and 1 red wire.

Does this answer your question?

Thanks again for the help.

Stefan

You will need some sort of external speed controller.
Example: Inventable’s 300W Speed Control
That controller will not work with your Chinese Spindle, because the spindle is 600W, and the controller has a max load of 300W.

Ok thanks. I have that speed controller. Do I need the relay switch? How would I wire it?

Thanks again so much for the help. So to be a pain.

These instructions are decent:

Except in Step 6, use the PWM signal pin D11 from the GSHIELD.
See Connecting GRBL.

Do you have any headers soldered to your GShield?
As in step 5?

I had it working with the gshield but i have upgraded to the x-controller and don’t know how to hook it up to that…

I didn’t think I needed to use the Gshield with the xcontroller?

Thanks

Stefan

[quote=“StefanAtkinson, post:7, topic:20217”]
I didn’t think I needed to use the Gshield with the xcontroller?
[/quote] You are right… Your though process is correct… Just think a little harder.

If you had it working with the gshield:
Disconnect the wire from the gshield, and move it to the Spindle PWM on the X-Controller.
Leave your original spindle and speed controller alone.

Thanks Jeremy for all your help… I will give this a go and see if its smokes.

Cheers!!

Stefan