X-Curve 1000 drag chain

I am thinking of getting a 1000 x-carve and extending it to 1800mm. I see no problems except I can not find the size of the drag chain so I can buy additional drag chain.
I would also change the rails under the spoil board to 20X40 and put a mid point support on the longer maker slide.

Thanks

Dave

Dave,

Good to see someone else eyeing up this option also. Upgrading to 1800 is probably going to be my first upgrade. I’ve got the 1000 ordered already, although I ordered rather late, so I think I’ve got a ways to go before mine ships. I think additional drag chain, some longer wire, and as you said, a support for those longer rails would probably do it. I’ll have to make a larger spoilboard as well. I’m working on a plan for a vacuum table also. I’ll be following your progress, and I’ll post what I come up with once I get the machine and get started.

Matt

Oh, can’t forget longer belts as well! Brain fart!

Hi Matt

Have you found what size drag chain the 1000 uses. That is something I need to know before I order so I can order extra chain at the same time. I’m going to bite the bullet and get every thing I need to build a 1000X1800 from the get go. I have a small CNC mill that I no longer use that has nema 23 steppers and a g540 controller. Also have a XP computer that runs Mach3 so I will not order any of that. I also have all the tools I would need so I don’t need the tool kit.
I’ve gotten the price to under $800 before I add the 1800 maker slides and 20X40 bottom rails, extra drag chain and extra long belting.

I have a water jet guy that has done a couple of jobs for me so I am also thinking of adding 1 inch of height to Z. Will get new end plates cut in .25" cold rolled and have them power coated.

Dave

Dave,

According to the assembly instructions, the part number for the drag chain for the 1000 is 30331-10 (X-Carve Instructions: x-carve-instructions) but in the store, the drag chain part numbers stop at 30331-08. And the assembly drawing for the drag chain only show the brackets, not the chain itself. Maybe someone from Inventables can help us out on this one.

Matt

Matt

I made a call to inventables this morning and got the info. The drag chain is the 20mm size. I have an extra meter in my shopping cart. Next I need to find out if the belts are part of the stepper motor option. I know the the drive pulleys are.

Dave

Dave,

Good to know. On the configurator, it lists the GT2 belting as part of the 1000mm rail kit. In the store they list both a 6mm and 9mm GT2 belt, sold by the foot. I’m not sure which one comes with the 1000mm kit. Assembly instructions indicate 6mm with no differentiation between the 500 and 1000 versions.

Matt

It’s 6mm, I had to re-order some for my 1000mm build.

Thanks Peter. More good info there.