XCarve is doing some weird things - Ideas?

okay so yeah its what I thought when you export that file from ai make sure that you save it as 1 vector I forget the terminology

but this is how it imported into v-carve pro and it shows all the lines that where made to create it you only need the outside contour line

try this svg file in easel and see if that fixes the problem

it wont let me upload the new svg file do you have a email I will send it over

here is a google drive link let me know if that works

oh yeah works great lol

you can see the differenece

Thanks so much for your time and effort. Going to try and re-export and see how it goes. Makes sense to me!

Just watching the videos now. Thanks for the reply

1 Like

Love your projects by the way!

1 Like

I have to wait to put the kiddo to bed and I’ll give it a shot and let you know how I make out. Again thanks to everyone who has chimed in on this! I’ll be submitting stuff real soon!

no worries glad to help when you find the correct export settings for ai could you please let me know what they are and the terminology associated

So I had time to run the file, and success!
So the major fixes seemed to be mostly on the digital side rather than the physical. First I double checked my original file and noticed some weird extra points that weren’t suppose to be there. Turns out that wasnt the problem. I re-drew the file and saved it and exported it again. And still the weird double cut lines. So the only change I made was the export setting on AI. The SVG Profiles defaulted in AI (CS6) is SVG 1.1. And the only thing I changed was I switched it to was SVG Basic 1.1. I’m still doing some research as to why this worked. But until then, it worked!

Thanks again for everyone’s help

Here is the final product. Just did some light sanding on the tabs, but will be doing some more finishing on it tomorrow. Thanks again guys.

1 Like

I am glad that you got it to work!! that looks great!!

interesting gain colors that where inside that piece of wood

looks like Spalting Maple, from fungi

Yup! I’ve got lots of this stuff. The lines that are created from the fungi is very neat. I’ll post some other projects that I have been making with this stuff. I am extremely lucky to work with a guy who cuts and mills his own lumber.