Xcarve pro question

are any intrusion guide for build the X-CARVE Pro?

XCarve Pro is a machine.
Easel Pro is a subscription with added features within Easel.

1 Like

There is no software to install. Just log in to Easel on website.

when a purchase the x-carve the are guide how to build and pdf parts number.

Hey Guys,

Need some help, but X-Carve wont let me post :confused:

I’m on the final step of installation an it says to login to EASEL for the final setup and calibration. I login and there is no setup or calibration options anywhere… Does anyone know how to install the waist board and do the final calibrating? Appreciate any help.

If you select “carve” without having done the machine setup, it will at that time prompt yohnto.perform the machine setup.

I am not sure about how the new machines walk you through a wasteboard surfacing operation, but if there isn’t a pre-made project that they direct you to, then you can create a surfacing project by simply making a rectangle the desired size and using a shallow depth… I suggest using pencil.to mark up the wastebaord and you will know that the wastebaord has been surfaced 100% flat when all of the pencil marks are planed off…

Side note: if the initial homing fails, then the z limit switch needs lowered just a tad… this seems to be a reoccurring issue that it looks like its getting pressed, but it isn’t getting pressed enough to actually trigger…

Additionally if the surfacing bit can’t touch the wasteboard you may need to lower the entire z using the 4 screws and slot nuts from the initial assembly, just loosen them and lower the whole z assembly.

Hope this helps :+1:

Hey Seth,

Appreciate it, I’ll give it a try. Surprised this is not explained in the instructions for the X-Carve Pro.

1 Like

Oh man, I didn’t realize that this was a pro… in that case, ignore both of my side notes, they only apply to the newest upgrades of the Standard Xcarve :man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

So am I just suppose to pretend there is a board on the CNC? It’s asking for thickness, etc but really there is no waist board, no wood, and screws are still loose on the Y2 Axis because it said this would be finalized in Easel.

Sorry but this is mega confusing with no instructions.

I’ll admit I had not read through that part of the instructions until right now, and that appears to be lacking info… I’d call support. They are open right now… also it would be nice if those instructions were complete and accurate so you didn’t have to call… :man_shrugging:

I agree, people usually call me for tech support but I’m baffled, there’s literally no documentation in the instructions or in the Easel help.