Xcarve stopped mid project, shows no errors

This is my first every project. Was making a tray for accessories using a project from the project section that other people have had success with, everything going fine, carve stopped mid-carve. Spindle kept running. No issue during the test carve when I set up the machine. Why??? Help, and can I get back to where it left off?

Here is a screen shot

Did you have any errors? My best guess is that you’re suffering from a lost USB connection because of electronic interference. Have a look around here in the forum, there are many threads about this, I summarized my experience with this issue here.

Regarding your last question, you can if you have a three sided touch plate or the homing switches. With the touch plate you can just rezero and remove the already carved stuff. With the homing switches someone else needs to pitch in, I don’t use that workflow.
Depending on how much is missing in your carve (I can’t interpret the screens, not using Easel), maybe you can carve the rest in a kind of close-enough way (if just some rectangles are missing).

If I were you, I would invest more time in investigating the stopping issue first, it will save you a lot of time down the road.

1 Like

If you homed when powering the machine up, and jogged to your desired work zero you have the reference you need to restart.

• Re-home the machine
  • Click Carve, and go through the verification stages but click Use previous home position instead of Confirm Home position (Z will lower to safety height and scoot over to first carve point)

Work zero is stored as an offset value relative to machine “zero”, and homing switches syncronize machine to model space.

You were correct! I purchased a powered hub and no issues since. THANK YOU SOOOO SOOO MUCH!

1 Like

Glad I could help, happy carving :smile:

I’m having the same issue The difference is I’ve been running my machine for 3 years and it’s never done this not once until today It just stops It doesn’t stop the carving the router just stay spinning in the wood and the percentage doesn’t change almost like it’s not receiving any more steps I can hit x to stop and the router will return to the home position. Here’s another difference I have always had fluorescent lights in my shop I have always turned off and on other power tools including dust collection I’ve had radios playing I’ve done this for the last 3 years never had an issue today this issue occurred when nothing else was running at all. I’m at my wit’s end This is very frustrating especially when I’m reading everybody’s posts and they’re saying surge protectors or powered USB hub for fix.thats not the case I’ve always had a surge protector on mine and never had a USB issue then Some saying RF noise for running other items in my shop but I’ve always done this and never had an issue it’s a workshop so for long carvings I usually have other things I have to do as well I’m at a loss It seems all the resolutions that others have found do not work for me. I know the USB cord is still working because it still works fine when I’m jogging the machine I literally have no idea what it could be

I had a very similar issue, except that Easel no longer showed the progress bar reflecting % complete. My issue was resolved by switching to a USB cable with ferrite chokes: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008VOPCGY?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details