Xloader - instructions

So yesterday went quite well the system froze up only twice.
Today is very frustrating.
It seems I cant run a program twice (to make a depth adjustment) without freezing.
Several times it froze during a cut, and I have to start over completely with rehoming.
And by “freezing” I mean nothing works.
I have to literally unplug everything and start over.
If this is not a software problem, how can I find out what the culprit is?
I really need some help to get this figured out.
If I need to buy new equipment so be it, but this is turning out to be not so much fun.

sorry,
I guess this should have gone to the Picsender thread.

Jan,
Those are both Windows error messages, and likely means that your connection from your computer to your controller is broken. It is not a PiSender problem.

Others on this forum have posted about having issues with their X-Controller connections, specifically the USB connector (?) where the USB cable plugs in, and that bypassing it gets them running. I do not have an X-Controller, so I can not provide any pictures or specific info about how to by-pass the connector. I’m sure someone else here will know where to point you to info on this.

1 Like

Hi John,
I understand, as we have discussed this before.
I am currently in the process of hacking out a e-mail to inventables in an effort to get this resolved.
I really appreciate your and everyone else’s efforts to help me out.
Right now I’m really frustrated.

1 Like

This thread has gone way off topic (I participated) and it’s time to start a new thread.

1 Like

Sorry Larry,
I meant to put this under picsender, but I guess it really doesn’t belong there either.
It still revolves around all of the problems that I have been having.
I just finished an email to Inventables, which I probably should have done sooner just to get their input.

1 Like

That’s ok, it’s easy to get off track. I do it too, but I’m trying to get better.

1 Like

We keep trying different things and each one becomes a new thread.
Its all related to the same problem that I have had from day one.
I appreciate all your efforts.

You could use something generic like “Jan’s Xcarve” or “Help needed with my Xcarve” then you could ask anything you like and still be “on topic”.

1 Like

I just did this multiple times without any issues. Windows 7, UGCS 1.0.9

Maybe it’s an XP thing (you still running the XP machine)?

I have not tried that.
The only thing I have plugged in is the Xcontroller.

Hang on,
I have a wireless mouse plugged into another port.
I don’t know if that means anything or not.

I have gone into my settings and made sure that the ports do not close and my laptop to never go to sleep while plugged in to an outlet.
Is that different than a mouse going to sleep?

you think that could be giving me this message?