Xyz Carve - Recovering after hitting the limit switches

Hi all,

I’m just wondering if I’m missing something, If I accidently drive an axis into a limit switch, Easel locks up. I’m unable to move the axis away from the switch and end up doing this manually.

Is there a better way of sorting this?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

1 Like

you can open Machine>General Settings> Machine Inspector and send the command $X to unlock all active alarms or $H to home

1 Like

Make sure your switches are placed so they can retract after being hit and check your GRBL settings so that the retraction is far enough to open the switch back up. This is assuming your software works like that. One time I had an axis too close to the end of the extrusion and it required tweaking. I changed the pull off distance and it worked fine. This is also assuming you are talking about homing switches and not limit switches which are not the same thing… just an idea to consider.

$27 is the pull off distance.

GRBL_Settings_Pocket_Guide_Rev_B.pdf (diymachining.com)

2 Likes

Thank you for your replies, I will give both a go tomorrow when I’m back in the workshop.

Dan

1 Like

where do you type this command at in the line that says console?

1 Like

Precisely :+1::+1:

i have tried that command. we manually rolled the plate off the limit switch so ne limit switch buttons are on anymore but still shows status alarm and it will not unlock

1 Like

i just unplugged usb and plugged it back in and Im free now lol

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.