Y axis limit switch stuck

After initial assembly, my y axis limit switch is showing as tripped/green. I have performed the following troubleshooting steps;

Replaced switch with x axis switch that was working correctly
Verified all connections are tight.
Switched wires with x axis
Plugged y axis Wires in to X axis port-worked correctly
Completely disassembled x-controller and reassembled according to instructions (no problems found)
Updated firmware
And of course I turned it off and on again :wink:

I have basically ruled out everything I can think of except software and circuit board failure. Any thoughts?

When you swapped the switch with one that is known to be working did the Y-Axis start indicating correctly? Do you have the wires connected to the correct terminals on the switch? When you remove one of the wires does the switch indicate as OFF in Easel?

I am just asking because your post is a little ambiguous; no offense…

{:0)

Brandon Parker

It did not make a difference. The y axis indicator is green no matter what I do. I did verify the position of the switches. They match the instructions image [quote=“SeanHuntley, post:1, topic:98309, full:true”]
After initial assembly, my y axis limit switch is showing as tripped/green. I have performed the following troubleshooting steps;

Replaced switch with x axis switch that was working correctly
Verified all connections are tight.
Switched wires with x axis
Plugged y axis Wires in to X axis port-worked correctly
Completely disassembled x-controller and reassembled according to instructions (no problems found)
Updated firmware
And of course I turned it off and on again :wink:

Nothing changed the green indicator

I have basically ruled out everything I can think of except software and circuit board failure. Any thoughts?
[/quote]

That image does not really show anything to do with the limit switches, but you should change all three Dip Switch Position 4 to the OFF position. They are currently in the ON position in your picture which will cause the controller to reduce the holding torque when the motors are not moving. This is not something you want since it will allow you to more easily move the machine when changing bits during multi-tool carves.

You want them to look like this…
Capture

As far as the limit switch issue goes, ensure everything is connected internally one more time, and then remove all limit switch wiring external to the controller. When you power the controller up does the Y-Axis limit switch still show as activated? If it does then you might have a board issue which you would have to contact Inventables’ Customer Support to get a replacement if it is still under warranty,

{:0)

Brandon Parker

X-carve diagnoses as bad control board