Y Limit switch not working

Thanks, Larry,
we’re pretty much on the same page.
When i said “monitor” i meant what was on my computer screen for that page in Easel’s Machine Setup.
Those pull-ups are internal to the UNO & therefore electrically “before” the pins, so their state should not change without any connection to the pins. the pins don’t need anything connected to them in order for the UNO to detect that the 5v is still there. I also would assume that there very low probability of “noise” coming in on those pins through the air now that they are so electrically/physically distant from any of the motors.

that being said - I’m almost certain now that you are correct in that my situation on this is different. My not being able to connect via Machine Inspector. That’s not all, I’ve installed two other communications program and I get the same information seeming to connect, but no response to any of my g-code entries.

so, I’m not going to address the problem I’m having on this thread anymore, and just follow it, because i’m interested in where it leads. I will continue my journey on the “Jogging X & Y goes 3x the distance.” thread.

btw, I’ve been reading up on the “Magnetic (Hall Effect) Noise-free End Stops / Homing Sensors” thread and it looks promising - I’ve ordered 10 of the sensors (they’re less than a dollar each). and will try and fool around with them, also. i’d love to have both Limit detection on both ends of X, Y & Z with the ability to “Home” accurately for restarts.