You know you're a DIY machinist when

you only realize after the fact that you’ve cut your lawn in an offset pattern…

2 Likes

And, start cutting edges more precise… :dizzy_face:

1 Like

You always have a tape measure in your pocket that reads in inch and metric.

3 Likes

You spend more time fiddling with your machines to improve them then actually making things with them.

8 Likes

The first 10 things you make are new parts for your machine.

2 Likes

…and the 11th thing you make is a single part that replaces the first 10.

3 Likes

… I should plot an adaptive clearing path for mowing. If it works as well, could save a LOT of time!

2 Likes

You’re funny but that’s what I’m doing. I have John-Deer ride on mower which doesn’t fit every small pockets, I’m finishing with that and switching small push on mower. But I never think until you mentioned. :joy:

You know you’re a DIY machinist when

Uh? You do it yourself…

1 Like

Now you just need extrusion and belts big enough to surround your yard, and hook the mower up as your “spindle”, and you can cut your lawn with GRBL… :wink:

3 Likes

Hmmm… could even program it with HSM, and cut your mowing time down hugely!

Not to mention the cool designs you could mow :smile:

Look like this?

2 Likes

You know you’re a DIY machinist when…

You overhear someone talking about Raspberry Pie and assume they are talking about a Raspberry Pi

:sweat:

Amen and Amen!!! :grinning:

If you give me three hours to chop down a tree I will spend the first two sharping the axe!

edit -----

I actually just misquoted Lincon. he said:

Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.

Abraham Lincoln

Give me three hours to chop down a tree? I’ll spend the first ten minutes chain-sawing that sucker down, then the next two-hours-fifty trying to figure out how to cut it up to get the most figured wood out of it. Then were to put the tree-chunks I just got by surprise for the couple years it’ll take them to dry properly. Also, worrying if I have enough end sealant. lol

1 Like

Give me three hours to chop down a tree; I’ll call local Tree cutting services in 5 minutes. -Pause the time- Wait for them to come and do it. -Start the time- Darn, it’s finish.