Z axis sinking

Hi Folks,
I just used the upgraded z axis for the first time to make a sacrificial spoil board. As I was drilling the holes, the bit collet appears to be going lower and lower.
Anyone else have this issue?
I never had it with the old z axis.
Just a thought.
God Bless,
Martin

Frame is not moving, router is not shifting, just the collet appears to be going lower and lower

When you say “bit collet” what exactly do you mean? I had some situations were mine was clearing an area and within the area I was clearing the Z kept stepping down lower and lower on each run. Each time the machine changed direction it dug in deeper. I was trying to clear out a pocket, within the first 4 passes I was .4 deep like a stair step instead of .1 deep. I was using G-code out of V-carve. All the advice I got was my bit was slipping in the collet on this forum and a vectric group on facebook. Pretty much the same from Inventables team.

Clearly that wasn’t the issue. As my machine is solid and accurate. I switched to pic sender and it immediately went away.

2 Likes

Thank You
I will look into that

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.