Z-axis trouble

I am having a very difficult times with the depth of my Z-axis. I tried everything. I calibrated it, checked the set screws, checked to see if the lead screw is bent(it isn’t). One very odd thing is when I set the jog to 1 inch and press it, the spindle will keep going down until it hits the board, then I have to hit the E Stop button.

Hey Ian, it might be a wiring issue or the stepper amount is off. Would you mind reaching out directly to support (help@inventables.com) and we can get it fixed!

I’m having the same issues after upgrade. I set it up to cut and it either plunges through the wood or tries to cut an inch above. When jogging the Z-Axis it moves 1/2" when I have it set for .1. It goes up or down 3" when set to 1". Support is closed since it’s Saturday. ugh

Check your $102 setting and make sure it is correct for the upgrade.

I redid all the settings. The issue of the distance is fixed, but now when I go to cut is tries to push the router through the work piece.

How are you setting your z zero on your workpiece?

What is this upgrade? This might be related to the problem I been having. I use Vcarve desktop but when I need to cut into a different thickness of wood from the last time, I have to load the gcode into easel and run machine setup in order for it to work right. Otherwise it wants to cut to the same level as the last project.

I’m having the same issues after upgrade as Kenneth Moon. I set it up to cut and it either plunges through the wood or tries to cut an inch above. I tried rebooting Easel, and attempting the carve three times. All failed so far. I posted on Saturday for help, but support was closed. Help…