Z PROBE Not CONNECTING

Hi guys had the same issues with my Z probe turned out to be the web browser I was using (Safari) changed to Firefox and problem solved hope this helps someone in the future…

My Probe hasn’t worked since I got the machine. I talked with support and they have sent me 2 boards to try. The issue is as soon as I try the probe, it comes up as collet attached and I still have it in my hand. Not real happy with x-carve. Went to WOODCRAFT and took the overview and 101 course and noticed a Big difference in machines. Don’ know what to do now.

also, none of the buttons on the front of the controller works. I have tried taking all cables lose and re-assembling the controller with no luck.

Same here, front buttons, probe and homing doesn’t work. Checked wiring, replaced 2 boards in x-controller, made sure wiring was making connection using my Fluke meter, checked probe wiring from what forum showed, checked the $ setting and broke the micro switched (another set I purchased) trusting it was fixed after doing all this.

Sounds like something fundamental is wrong.

Sorry - dont have much more to offer without further details / pictures and/or video showing your machine.

What are you trying to do with the buttons on the front panel?

Are you sure it is not telling you the next step is to attach clip to collet?

Get them to work.
Why do you think they put buttons on the front of the x-controller?

That is what is checked as done and nothing is attached

I set it up as stated in previous postings.

I have to give GREAT CUDO’S to Julie from Inventable’s tech support… She had me go all the way back as if I was putting the x-controller together again. I took every part and wire/cable out of it. Laid it on the waste board and brought up the instructions on the web and did only one thing at a time and then checked that step to be sure it was correct. It took me approximately 30 minutes from start to finish with the x-controller and making sure of the contacts in the green blocks that plug into the back of the x-controller. After making sure No WIRES WERE loose I put the x-controller back into place, plugged the usb into my laptop and brought up Easel. I went through the machine setup and then went to advanced settings and WOW. it all works great. Now I have this smile on my face and I had to give Julie many thanks. Now I can play the Happy Boy song. Thanks again Julie.

2 Likes

I have experienced the same issue multiple times: the z probe does not connect. Probe is plugged in, clip is attached to router, BUT no contact is detected.

• tried rewiring, updating drivers, powering on and off - no change
  • for me, turning the router head a quarter turn or so was the solution. Perhaps there is something in the router’s orientation affecting the electrical connectivity (thanks! to whoever suggested this in the forum).
1 Like

One of the things I also did was to take a sharpening stone and polish the “flats” of the nut until they are shiny and bare of the black coating.
Just to make sure that I would get a good electrical contact.
I no longer have the problem.

3 Likes

Some bits use coatings and any anodized surface => dont conduct electricity.

I had this problem. When I took the connector off the x-carriage, I noticed that the pin at the base of the connector (not the center pin of the connector) was touching the outside part creating a short. I rotated it slightly so the pin was in the center of the slotted out portion. After that, I reconnected it and it no longer showed “connected” once I plugged it in.

Now, I’m having issues with it not connecting when I touch plate to the collet. I can touch the banana plug directly to the clip and it still won’t show connected. It’s not an issue with the z-probe continuity either. I was using Firefox, but I might try another browser after reading the post above.