1/32 bit use

Just wanting to know if anyone else has the issue of the 1/32 bit breaking or is it something I am doing. I have broke about 5 and have just quit using them

1 Like

What speed is your router set on? Doesn’t need to be any higher than 1.

reduce the depth of cut and or the feed rate

I broke 2 before I even carved anything!! Agreed with the other comments, slow down and reduce depth of cut as they are super fragile. Also, what material are you carving?

1 Like

I ordered three 1/32nd bits when I ordered my XCarve, the first two I broke trying to engrave plastic, so I said before I break the only 1/32nd bit that I have left I’m going to slow everything down to a crawl. I got the 1/32nd bit installed in the router and tapped it with the wrench and it broke. I need to order more 1/32nd bits. :grin:

1 Like

Can you share some details of your project/material?

1/32" are fraaaagile. Small diameter bits may require more RPM than typical due to less surface speed.

When using small diameter bits, decide what kind of cutter depth you need and use a bit appropriately sized. If all you want to carve is 1/16" depth you dont need a 1/32" bit with a 1/2" cutter length. The longer they are the greater tool deflection => greater chance of bit snapping.

1 Like