100% Newb with a 100% Newb question lol

Hi all, while awaiting the arrival of my 1000mm X Carve, I am attempting to make a round plaque/sign in Easel and I can’t seem to figure out how to “Bend” my text into a radius to put on the sign. Hope my question makes sense and thanks for any help y’all could offer.

Joe

Did you tried the “circular text app”? Is a little tricky to work with but maybe that can help you.

Hi Antonio,
Yes, I played with that for a few minutes but it seemed to put weird spacing between the letters of my text. I’m sure there’s a way to correct it and I will play with that a little more and see if I can break the code lol. I guess I was wondering if there was a way to type the text like normal and then bend it into a radius any other way?

Anyways, thanks so much for responding.

I personally dont use it as much because of that, is a pain. A lot of people use inkscape, make it there and export the svg and import that into Easel. Since I use the Silhouette Studio software alot, I just make my designs there; like circular text, and I just take a screen shot of it and import that into Easel and then I just adjust it there, simple. I hope you can find an easier way!

1 Like

@JosephVandigriff. I have many videos to get you going. I’ll try to answer any questions you may have
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVWqe-RPxZc9G2tevx1vT9w

2 Likes

Inkscape. I will check that out! Thanks man!

Thank you Phillip, I appreciate it and I’ll check your stuff out and sub ya!

No problem!

1 Like

I had the same problem with the easel app so instead I just did one letter at a time takes a little longer but looks better.

1 Like

@PhillipLunsford I just subscribed, and i foresee many long nights spent with you on Youtube

1 Like

@ChristopherLathan. Thank you very much. Congratulations on getting started on your CNC journey