4540 won't cut

Hello all… I continue my learning process but had to take a break for personal reasons. I am trying to cut bamboo with a MySweetie 4540 but it drops to the bamboo, takes a few movements, and stops…

Can someone please give me an idea of what I am doing wrong?

i contacted the manufacturer and they said there should be no problem cutting bamboo.

thanks

Are you using Easel? Did you set up the machine for an aftermarket Router? Are you using a GRBL post processor if you are not using Easel? Does the machine respond to jogging normally? Did you check the Grbl settings?

Without these answers I might save the gcode from Easel to a PC with an SD card and try it with the offline controller.

Martin,

I am using Easel Pro and set it up as a MySweetie 3018 Max (tried to set it up as a MySweetie Other with the parameters but no joy. Once it stops it won’t do anything so I have to shut down Easel and restart. It acts like it’s hitting a limiter switch but it’s nowhere near them.

Trying to cut a piece of oak now and it appears to be working (I hope).

Is is possible I am using the wrong bit? Not sure how to choose a bit and couldn’t find much online

thanks for your help
Wally

You can manually change the GRBL settings for the larger size. It will be helpful to understand what the settings do. This is a good resource.

GRBL_Settings_Pocket_Guide_Rev_B.pdf (diymachining.com)

To make the settings change, this is the procedure I share:

Calibrating my X-carve 1000 - X-Carve - Inventables Community Forum

If you can get to your settings, post them here and people can take a peak and be more helpful.

#130,$131, and $132 may need to be altered, and then there are the solf limits, and home switch business to take a look at.