A Sample Sign for a Local Business (bad pictures)

I made this for a local landscaping company. They are going to offer my services as an option to customers for future projects.

I hadn’t done anything 3D ish so far due to not having any spare machine time, but I have knocked a few jobs on the head to work on some of my own ideas so I’m playing/learning as I go.

Its got a coat of Danish oil on, but will get another one or two once it’s dry. Oh and its 300x160mm

9 Likes

Very nice job.
What font did you use?
And what cutters?

Not sure on the fonts, I’ll have to check when I’m back home later.

I matched the fonts to a picture the guy sent me of his van wrap, and then made a tree from the same.

I used an 8mm 4 flute for cutout and pockets, a 60 degree V bit for the Vcarve bits, a 1mm endmill for the gaps in the branches, a 2 flute 1/8 spiral up cut for 3d roughing, and a two flute 1/8 ball nose for the 3d finish.

I only cut part way through on the profile, and finished it with my bandsaw and a flush trim in the router table

I actually used the tree from the guys logo (which was essentially just a tree and the writing underneath).

I used aspire to cobble together the tree using the photo. I probably could have done it easier/using the proper method if there is one, but I have only been using it for a couple of weeks so am pretty happy with the results.

Thanks Phil.
When I started it looked sort of like a cloud to be honest which wasn’t good.
I am really amazed with Aspire. I have literally no 3d etc skills or knowhow, but with some trial and error and a couple of tutorials I got results I was happy with.

Here is a picture of the tree on its own I got from the guys Facebook as a picture from an angle of the side of a van wasn’t much use

1 Like