Accuracy seems to be an issue

Hi gang!

I’ve worked through the math to get my x axis and y axis running the correct distances when told. I’m not so concerned with the z axis.

Aside from random steps being missed, and I mean random, I’m having some real issues with consistency which may be weather related, the few times that I have been able to cut out a couple of simple easel circles, they would have been more accurate had I held a scissor between my toes and gone to town.

So I created a little work around. I’m just adjusting the bit size in the computer and it seems to work better.

I’m creating two identical circles, side by side. I cut one out on the inside outline and one along the outside.

The larger circle should fit inside the smaller hole. Not the case. So I decided that I would tinker with bit size in order to compensate for the actual line.

With a 1/16 bit, I’m increasing the computer bit size to 13/128. That seems to work, however, they still do not fit. In fact, they are not circles. Tight here, gap there. I figured that any calibration errors wouldn’t be a problem because both circles are being cut with the same inaccuracies, which should negate them.

Any flaws that anyone sees in my process? Any suggestions, on or off topic?

Fun as it is to go out to my shop and mess with this thing, it is starting to get a little old spending almost all time with the x carve unsuccessfully getting it to function.

I don’t want to put a nice piece of wood in until it shows me that it will do what it is told with at least some consistency and reason for its actions. So far, I’m missing those things.

Thanks for the help!

Paul