Acrylic melting

i have a problem with my Acrylic melting I am running a 30deg bit and its set at 48in/min ,.02plunge rate can any one help with settings for a bater cut .thanks

First, you should make sure you are using cast acrylic; extruded acrylic does not mill as well.
Second, you should be going fast and shallow while cutting acrylic.

Using an air-blast system is also beneficial, but most people do not have that installed on their X-Carve.

Settings will vary by machine, and I can not say that I have used a 30-deg bit with acrylic. I would normally use a 60-deg since it is beefier. Someone else who has used a 30-deg bit will likely be along soon to provide the settings they use, but just remember, the settings can be machine-dependent based on any upgrades someone has installed.

{:0)

Brandon Parker

1 Like

Slow RPM and fast feed rate…

is 0.02" your depth per pass, the plunge rate would be in distance/time format normally?
You can also share the project and we can see all of the settings in one place. Just go to Project>Share and change it to unlisted and grab that link… it’s only a copy by the way, so people can’t actually change your version of the project…

We’ll need more details on what you’re doing, but, yes, feed faster.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.