Adding Diamond Drag bits to Easel Pro

Is it possible? I dug through easel and couldn’t determine how to load it so I could see a simulation of what I want it to do on my acrylic or aluminum.

Please help.

Thanks.

Is it possible? I dug through easel and couldn’t determine how to load it so I could see a simulation of what I want it to do on my acrylic.

enter it as a 15-degree engraving cutter, start with .05 depth to start with.

2 Likes

Thanks Ken. I’m new, so please be gentle LOL

When I look into entering the bit in easel, I don’t see an engraving cutter selection. Would the settings you specified work with the V bit selection? How wide should the cutting diameter be?

Thanks

1 Like

yes a v bit , most important DO NOT TURN ON SPINDLE with diamond drag.

1 Like

Thanks Ken. Does cutting diameter matter at all?

1 Like

When a Vbit is entered Easel uses that “cutter Diameter” (or “width” it’s called in another section) and applies the Vbit Stepover percentage to that when making flat bottom “pocket” cut types.
However instead of using “pocket” cut type it is best to use “on path” instead for drag bits… BUT IF you do try out “pocket” cut types just be aware that the diameter entered along with that stepover percentage is how the stepover spacing is calculated, so using the appropriate diameter and stepover together are important values to be aware of.
Oh and BTW, the stepover percentage setting is found by going to Machine>General Settings and this is a project by project setting and it reverts back to the default value for every new project.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.