Adding Header and Footer option

Did Easel always add these lines to g-code before and we are just not being given an option to include or not?

Thanks

Steve

1 Like

We are not sure what you are asking?
Can you explain further?

Sorry if I did not explain myself properly.

In a new version of Easel, if you import g-code when you start to carve the window now shows gcode for the header and footer and gives you the option to either add them to your existing gcode or not.

I am trying to figure out if the header and footer used to be added by default before and we are only now being given an option to include them or not.

Thanks

Steve

I no longer use Easel but assume the header and footer are for spindle on and off.
Possibly coolant control as well.
When I last used easel it automatically added in spindle on and off to imported code. Maybe that has changed now.

It’s new. I’m trying to understand what it means too.

He’s talking about this. New options when sending your Gcode.

Is there an answer to this question? I’ve been using fusion 360 and importing my g-code and only started having problems now. I’ve always picked “add header”. I suppose I got to the game late and it always was a choice, so I went with it because it seemed right at the time. Does anybody yet know what this header and footer option is about?

Easel will add that before (header) and after (footer) your Fusion gcode. If you know what your post processor does, you shouldn’t need these. If you don’t like what your post processor does, modify it.

1 Like