Adding points to a shape

Hello,

We’re adding the ability to add a point to an existing shape while editing to Easel Beta!
To opt into beta, check out these instructions: How to Opt Into Beta

How it works

1. Select your volume on the 2d editor.
  2. Enter edit mode (e on the keyboard, double-clicking the volume or clicking the edit button).
  3. Drag your cursor along the path of the shape and observe a potential point appear.
  4. Click on the location you would like to add the point.
  5. Drag/edit the new point as needed.

Add point demo

Issues

Working with extremely large or complicated shapes with a lot of points will degrade performance in Easel.

• Volumes with less than 1k points should receive no noticeable impact on performance.
  • Volumes with 8k+ points will have up to a few seconds delay in the edit actions.
10 Likes

This isn’t something that I would find useful personally, but I appreciate you guys continuing to come up with solutions for everyone.

1 Like

This is a great tip, I can see it to be very helpful as I teach Easel in depth, and any tricks or tips are very cool to know…
Thanks

1 Like

This is definitely something that I would find useful, and I am extremely excited to see more Easel development!!

{:0)

Brandon Parker

2 Likes

Been waiting for this for a while now! Thanks Inventables Team

2 Likes

Oh this is quite exciting! Well done!

1 Like

This is great. I found it today in easel and have been working with it. We’ve needed this for a while. Thanks to all the Inventables team!

1 Like

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU This is something I have been wanting for a long time!

2 Likes

Hey all,

Thank you for the feedback, this is now out of beta and released to everyone! We adjusted the ui a bit, making the anchors squares to differentiate them from the add point or existing points. Let us know if there are any issues.

Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 5.33.56 PM

2 Likes

It would be pretty cool to be able to prescribe a “distance from point” variable that would let you set a more precise location for the points.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.