Aluminum 327 Badge for new Truck

I was just curious because we have actually made some of the parts for the White 6T9 Trans Am & the Red 6T9 GTO Trans Am Depot concept prototype cars in this video.

http://transamdepot.com/newsroom/

Here is a video of us 3D machining one of the Tail Light Trim pieces for the GTO.

http://transamdepot.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/gto_poster.pdf

3 Likes

That is awesome! You have a much more elaborate setup than I do and probably get paid better LOL. I’m just a hobbyist and all I have is the X carve. Small emblems are probably the extent of my aluminum machining for the time being. I finally finished the ones on my truck and had them clearcoated and put them on.

I work at a car dealership as a Sales Manager and don’t get hardly any time off to play around in the shop. add to that, a 6 month old little girl, shop time has basically gone out the window for now.

Love the videos. I would love to do some custom work like this, but again, time and money. I do have a project truck that maybe one day I’ll get around to working in some crazy awesome CNC stuff.

Great work! Looks awesome!

2 Likes

Thank you Kalvin. I have been doing machine work for many years now, even military/government contracts. From making parts for the A-10 Warthog 30mm ammo loader, C-130 Gunship 25mm ammo loader to penny & dime blank feeding systems for the Philadelphia & Denver Mint coin presses.

I know what it means to help a friend. This emblem was made for a friend of mind that restored a 1967 Plymouth Valiant, but It has a shoe horned in stroked 440 fuel injected twin turbo charged engine. He designed the custom emblem he wanted in SolidWorks, I then generated the gcode in KeyCreator and machined them on the same Centroid Servo controlled CNC mill in my video. :sunglasses:

My hobby of CNC image engraving turned into distribution of Image to gcode software programs. It sure is allot more fun then machine work. :smile:

3 Likes

Awesome build! I like how you kept with the style of the truck in the design

1 Like