Aluminum waste board?

@ChristophStieler Great wasteboard, however you have a lot of other modifications to perform to make good use of that new wasteboard.
You probably know about the X axis stiffening and Y axis stiffening. Y is easy: just add some brackets to your Y axis. Example - Phil has L brackets on his machine.

BTW Why do you have a computer fan? I do not believe an extra fan is necessary. The DW611 will blow plenty of dust off the material, and around your shop and machine. Any engineering effort spent should be put towards proper dust collection.

Where you want to install the exentric spacers?

Hello Jeremy, Thanks. I think i want to make the x and y mod.

The Fan was a test, it works well to blow the material just in one corner of the Shop. Its not a good solution, and it isnt in use any more.

I biuld a cover for my X-carve, to protect the Shop from dust and to decrease the Volumen, its not finish, then i Plan to install a dust-shoe, but the dust-shoes are plus weight on x axis, and to adjust the milling bit or collet make more work, also the zeroing make more work i think.

Hell yes! I just did that upgrade myself when I slapped on the new dust boot. SO much better.

1 Like

Where did you get that aluminum waste board Iā€™m in the south and all my wood boards warp

BTW been WHILE nd love my aluminum platform. 100% level and very flexible photos to follow.

Sir, I am not sure if it was already posted, but where did you obtain this ā€œBeast Boardā€. I am near Daytona Beach and humidity is certainly a way of life here. Iā€™d love to obtain a similar board.

Can you provide details ?

Thanks,

-= Brian Norris =-

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure heā€™s around anymore.

But I would guess that wasnā€™t a off-the-shelf part and he made it himself.
If Iā€™m wrong, iā€™d surely be interested to see where he got it from!

1 Like

Yea, probably home made. I did one as well, with a little bit more functional tapped hole layout. 1" center to center pattern for 961 holes. I used Mic6 aluminum plate. Very flat.

2 Likes

Hello Brian,

Sorry for the late reply.

I am from Germany and donā€™t know where you can made it in your country, but the beast board is not hand made.

I ask a local gauge maker, who has a real big cnc Maschine to make it for me. I take the open source 3d model of the x carve board, remodel it with solid works in the 3d data he need. And he start to carving it. It was not cheapā€¦ Think only material about 400 $ plus Maschine time.

So you have to take a look if you have a company near you who have a big cnc and work with aluminum.

Have a nice day

Hey buddy,

Your are right it is not a out of shelf product, it is a special orderā€¦ Special made for me :slight_smile:

What I can do, is to share the 3d data of itā€¦ If you want to.

Really needed with the aluminum board is to use helicoil tread inserts, because aluminum is a Lil bit to soft.

My beast board is a 100% copy of the original board from inventables, without the printing on it.

Looks really niceā€¦ Please take care if you only screw into tho aluminum board with the metal screwsā€¦ Aluminum is real soft and if you use a tread more often, it would wear really fast.

Good work

How did you make or buy this? Iā€™ve been super frustrated with multiple warped MDF waste boards, so Iā€™d love to get something like this and be done with it!

Same here! Tired of my shit warping!

Hello and good morning. I ask a local tool maker with a big and real CNC to make me a 1:1 copy of out of aluminum.
Materialprice approx 350 ā‚¬ without carving. So you need to have good conditions at local factories.