Amateur Question

I carve a project, first bit roughly to remove the mass of the carve, then I want to switch to a more detailed bit in the router, How do I tell the 2nd bit where to start work. Currently, I had the bit make a lot of motion in thin air without touching the previously carved surface.

I hope that makes sense…

That can be set up as a 2 stage carve. When the roughing bit is done and you switch to the detail bit and it should know what to carve.

1 Like

Don’t forget to re-zero the Z-Axis when you switch to the detail bit.

{:0)

Brandon Parker

1 Like

are you saying to Zero to the depth of previous carved space? do you Zero the deepest space or the raised level of inverted Print/art?

a bit more details of this “2 stage carve” not sure if I know how that is accomplished.

Up on the right hand corner where you select the bit you want to use you can click on i think a little star there and turn it into a 2 stage carve.

Here’s the basic, stright forward Easel 2 stage carving:

And Here’s adding in some more options to get more control of what bit is used for what job on a multiple stage cave:

1 Like

Thank you, I will study both of these…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.