An Interesting Application

So this paddle boat project is getting to be a bit more involved that I had planned. However I ran across an interesting application I thought I would share. The bottom of these boats are made up of a series of .125 strakes that run the length of the boat. Sanding the bottom of this boat for finishing was going to be a challenge because I did not want to sand off these tiny stakes. I ran across a nylon brush bit from my Dremel set and decided to see how that might work. I changed my cut to be a pocket and set my depths and turned it look. @ 300 IPM I ran this over the bottom of the boats and between the nylon brush and the dust mitigation the bottoms came out perfectly clean, sanded for finishing and without a spec of dust!


This is an awesome use case of that brush!