Another Aztec Calendar...sorta

Well, Pink Floyd has always been my favorite band so I thought I would try my hand at designing a Pink Floyd Aztec calendar. I’ve got a lot of work to go to get it to carve as it should, but here is the beginnings. (Beginnings is funny cause I have spent a lot of time just getting this far) :grin: Heck, I don’t know if I will ever even carve it but just trying to get a proper design is fun. I’ll update as I get further along.

9 Likes

Making a little progress. Need to figure out how to look more Aztecian (made that up ). Right now it just looks like a disc with PF images.

2 Likes

Looks awesome. Aztec calendars are bitches to do with node editing and getting your idea down! Good job!!

Thanks. Yeah, I’ve spent hours just getting this far. Doing it all in Vcarve which I’m still learning.:grin:

1 Like

Best way to learn the software in my opinion looks great so far

More progress…haven’t had much time to work on it lately.

7 Likes

wow that is perfect.

Well, I think this is about it. I still have not carved this but will share the dxf and Vcarve files for any Pink Floyd fans who might want to give it a try. If you do, please use your own toolpaths/settings as the ones in the crv. file are not necessarily ideal.

pinkfloyd3.dxf (5.7 MB)pinkfloyd3.zip (4.2 MB)

2 Likes