Another Broken Belt Thread

Let me start by saying that Inventables is an awesome company. You’re easily among the top three companies in best customer service that I’ve ever encountered. This thread is not a gripe, I just want to let you guys know that this is a continuing issue…

This makes the third belt I’ve popped. First was the X, second was one of the Y’s, and now the Z. I’m fairly certain the X wasn’t tensioned any more than 4 lbs, and the Y was at 3.5 lbs. I’m not sure about the Z - is there a good way to measure that one? As this is just adding to the deluge of similar threads, I really think you guys need to look into a new supplier.

I’ve got parts on the way for the 9 mm 3GT X and Y upgrade, so I’m going to go ahead and tackle the Z as well.

1 Like

I submitted this to sourcing for review.

I need help knowing my belt tension , how do I know

The method most people use is to move your carriage/gantry to the far end of the belt, then use a luggage or fish scale and measure the “weight” at the center of the belt pulling it up by an inch. The general consensus seems to be that the stock belts should be at 3.5-4 lbs.