Another X Axis & Y Axis mod completed

After watching all the Youtube videos, especial thanks to @RobertA_Rieke for his video.

I also added plates on the Y axis and Clear covers for the Y axis belts at the same time. Ran a quick program on the machine to check and its seems to be working well apart from a bed leaving issue.

Cheers

2 Likes

O yeah and i broke my 3D printed dust extraction attachment. I’m looking at other options as it really cuts down the thickness of material i can work with.

I am new to this so forgive the question if this is something I should already know. Are the bolt heads in your gantry from the stiffener for that axis? If so can you show that in a little more detail?

Thanks in advance.

Hey Grant.

I’d watch this YouTube video https://youtu.be/CLJnvxJLdgY

Basically with the 611 router and running at higher feed rates you can get flex in the two X axis maker slides. This Mod puts a 5mm thick steel plate the full width between the two rails. The bolts you can see then bolt the three parts together to form a much stronger rail.

I wanted to do this as i’ll be cutting aluminium and other metals soon and i don’t want to be breaking cutting bits all the time. I’m also just starting out so i’m sure other people will be able to give a more detailed explanation.

Cheers
Alex.

I broke my dust shoe like yours as well. Fortunately it was made from ABS. A little acetone glued it taught back together. Granted the break was not as severe as yours but worth a try if yours is ABS.

I think i probably could glue it back together but i found a problem fitting thicker material under the Z axis so i’m looking at other options.
I’ve bought some of the machine coolant type pipes to make something similar to this project:

1 Like

Awesome, thanks Alex

I have a fixed dust extractor that wont remove any Z travel.

I like that, I might have a crack at something similar.
Thanks

I have fusion 360 files if you want them. By the way, that was the old version, this is the new one:

Are you able to convert the files to Easel and post for the Dust collector?

Im sorry, only have Fusion 360 files. I do know someone else made a similar one using easel.