I’m wondering if anyone here has had any success or experience using estlcam to do vcave inlays. I’m working on an american flag project and want to inlay the stars. Currently I have easel, fusion360, and estlcam at my disposal. I’m going to do a few test attempts tomorrow with easel doing non vcarve inlay and attempt a carve/ island approach with estlcam. I figured I would ask here about experiences before I run my tests.
Of course this needs to be cut to the correct length and sanded, but I wanted to share a picture for reference.
You americans are so unlucky.
My national flag is just a matter of glueing 3 strips together
yours is prettier though
you live in maserati land?
I did the stars on this flag with the inlay generator in Easel and it worked great
Those do look nice! I couldn’t quite get it figured out with estlcam so I did some tests with the inlay generator. I’m pleased with the result so I’ll give it a shot on the flag.
I got around to finishing this up. The inlay generator did a nice job and overall I am pleased with the result. This was my first attempt at making a flag with contrasting woods. Some of the stars have some darker grain, and while it’s a little hard to see in the pictures, but I think it turned out nice.
I made a stand today using fusion 360 and the dogbone addin.
The lighting isn’t the greatest, but it turned out to work and I don’t think it looks that bad. I glued it up after the pics and will be finishing with some shellac.