ANyone used the keyhole app?

I am trying to configure this now but it isnt working the way I wud want it. I have tried different keyhole bits and settings still not looking like a key hole. Just a cut out path.

2 Likes

Pawpaw has a few videos showing how to use the app, i suggests sticking to the past 2 years as the older ones show older interface and some settings are different with the current version

2 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

Hey Todd,
Basically you want to measure the cutting depth of your keyhole bit, and set your depth of cut to match your range so that the bit will plunge straight down into your material, cut the “keyhole” and retract from the same plunge hole, completing the operation.
When i had the same question myself, i searched and watched videos and ultimately came across the same videos that @SethCNC suggested. Great suggestion and content!.

2 Likes

I had a problem with the keyhole app also. I found that you have to set the cutter to at least 1\4 inch to make it work correctly. When it was set to 1\8 inch easel would cut shallow the first pass. This helped me. Hope this helps.

1 Like

I made a template for cutting 10 at a time for a large production project for plaques. I had a little issue at the beginning. You just want to make sure that it isn’t set to ramp. You want it to plunge straight down, do the cut and then return to the start position and raise there.

It works like a charm once you get that first setting. Then just test on some scraps to fine tune your depth and the length.

1 Like

Likely the default cut settings were still present for the bits and the 1/8" has a shallower deprh per pass which needs to be increased, Phillip covers that issue in the video actually…

2 Likes

OK I must be missing some step because it isn’t working. I need to step back and start all over.

Thanks for everyone’s help.
Todd

Forgot to add picture

trail and error - depth of bit and depth of plung not the same…

1 Like

I hate to beat the dead horse, but check out that pawpaw video above and jump to 9:40 through 12:00 :grimacing::man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Seth hit the nail squarely on the head. Subscribe for PawPaw’s Workshop and watch the newer videos. He is a consummate teacher who simplies the complex and builds confidence in the person watching.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.