Apps in Easel: Vectorizing images

Every time I try to upload a pic, I get an error. Vectoring failed, network error invalid argumenta.

@badwolf what speeds, feeds, and bit did you use?

@BartSnyder can you please share the file so I can try it?

There are some inconsistencies when changing the threshold value. A given value is rendered differently when coming at it from either end of the range.

1 Like

Hi Tony,

We are aware of that issue and a fix is on the way.

Jeff

1 Like

I am new to easel but also get the same error message when trying to import an image. I have also noticed that the gear generator is missing the sliders for adjusting the number of teeth and spindle size.

I tried multiple images, but here is one example of a file that didnā€™t work. Sorry I was out of town and just saw this.

Iā€™ve not got my machine yet, so Iā€™m still plenty behind the drag curve on thisā€¦ Is there a link to the form to request access to the easel apps?

I believe you can request apps and discuss the details by starting a new topic under this category.

The mods might want to make a ā€œBeta Accessā€ post and sticky it to the top of the Easel forum so they donā€™t have to chase down invites in all the random threadsā€¦

1 Like

It might be good once there is beta access available that an application form is created that you can request access there instead of through the forum.

Not a huge deal but Iā€™m not of a big fan of logging on and going to my unread messages and having it filled with posts from people wanting access to a new feature.

I submitted my email about 10 days ago, emailed michael 3 days ago and havenā€™t had a response. Is there a timeframe for activation I should expect? Waiting for my X-Carve to arrive and having this app to practice on ahead of time would be great. This app is going to be critical for my business application of the X-Carve. Very excited!

@BryceBickham,

Have you looked to see if you already have access in the smiley face menu?

Let me check on your account right now, Iā€™ll get back to you in a sec.

1 Like

Iā€™ve just updated all recent submitters to that form so that you should all have access to apps. Sorry about the delay!

Itā€™s there now. Thanks Paul!

2 Likes

The vectorizing an the gear generator works great!!! Thanks Paul

Apps are now available to everyone under the ā€œGridā€ icon in the toolbar

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. Weā€™ll update you all when the API is ready for use to start making your own apps!

3 Likes

Yay! much nicer! I was considering developing third party apps and indicated this on my request form, but I never received any info in regards to this.

Are you still accepting third party developers?

1 Like

Super addition, works amazingly well. This is a tremendous time-saver and keeps me loyal to Easel.

Great! Thank you so much for the amazing upgrade!