Ar-15 speed loader project share (easel)

Extremely new and still going through the boards. So I will have to look into what that means. I am trying to find a project list and work from easy to complex while learning.

I have to be doing something wrong. Even throwing a 1/4 bit in there it is showing 5+ hours. When I loaded yours it was 45 hours.

I tried a bunch. The depth of cut varies but at it’s highest I have to cut out .75 for the perimeter. For the grooves .31 is being taken off and the mag well .125.

I bumped them way off what the stock settings were and then I can get it to a much more reasonable 34 minutes, but I have not anyone mention a depth per pass above a .0X number. If I did half off the bit diameter and went with .125 per pass I can get it to 34 minutes. I am still new and trying to read through everyone’s cut speed does and don’ts before I would be comfortable attempting this. I have read to bump them up slowly which is what I will do.

1 Like

Does anyone have this in an .svg or .dxf?

Just a small heads up. I took a set of calipers to a round and it is 2.156(.300 blackout) and 2.2525(.223) inches long and at its highest point .3775 inches tall. The current cut plan would only leave a .31 (.68 - .37) channel which is too shallow.

The channel width may be close, but I would take a scrap piece and just cut that piece out as the rounds may bunch if it doesn’t allow enough play.

A couple other pieces you may want to do if you want this to work

• If you plan on making this a right handed version(mag release facing down and opening pointing left) you will need to cut a groove for the mag release(.027" deep)
  • If you want this to work for mags outside just the steel us issue mags you will need to cut a groove at the end for the rubber foot for mags like P-mags

That is awesome. Do you know what they adjusted? I am just eyeballing the design and and the round measurement and maybe I am looking at something wrong, but the round I have doesn’t look like it would fit as is. tip to primer looks fine with maybe a touch of sanding at most. It is the height of the round on it’s side that looks like it shouldn’t fit.

I will grab a 3/4" bit as well. Thanks!

No worries, I will run it and post my findings. Probably next weekend. Thanks again for posting this!

1 Like

Laptop crapped out… New one ordered coming Friday hopefully… I will update then

1 Like

Maybe it’s because this thread is old, but I can’t see the file attached? Does anyone have the speed loader file so I can save myself some time? :slight_smile: Thanks guys!

A user left and asked that his posts be removed. Unfortunately, remove post = remove project.

you could always search the internet and find the users personal page that still has the file.

but I would go out of my way to thank him for keeping this on his page for us to find.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info, guys - I’m new to the forum (and all this CNC stuff, in general) and trying to piggyback off some already-designed stuff until I can really figure it all out!