Arduino Uno 0-10volts output

Hi
On the X-Controller theres a 0-10volts connection which I use to control my vfd spindle speed.
Is there someway to get the Arduino Uno to output 0-10volt in the same way.
JV

No.

The Arduino is 0-5V. The Xcontroller adds an amplifier on the board to get 0-10V.

@JohnVann

Yes. There is a way. Add the amplifier.

PWM_to_0_10_volt

2 Likes

Can I get one ready made. If so where.
JV

Well, I just checked and there are a lot of them.

Take a look at this one ( I don’t have any experience with it ).

[Edit] - I bought one of the second units I found to check it out. I have removed the link as that unit does not perform well at all. It works, but it does not do an accurate conversion of the PWM signal to a linear voltage. Not recommended.
[End Edit]

Many thanks for your help. I will give it a go.
JV

Take a look at this one ( I don’t have any experience with it ).
amazon.com2

Amazon.com: MagiDeal PWM 0-10V Digital to Analog Signal Tranformer Converter Module MACH3 PLC: Home Audio & Theater
Description: PWM digital signals into analog signals from 0 to 10V. Convert PWM digital signal into 0 to 10 v analog signals. Power Input Range: 12V-30V (Power requirements: more than 100MA) Signal in …

[Edit] - I bought one of the second units I found to check it out. I have removed the link as that unit does not perform well at all. It works, but it does not do an accurate conversion of the PWM signal to a linear voltage. Not recommended.
[End Edit]

Any pointers on how to calibrate this unit with the Arduino to achieve a 0-10v output.

@JohnVann

There is a multi-turn potentiometer (the blue component) on the board that you use to adjust it.

Set up a 50 percent duty cycle PWM signal from the Arduino (depends on your rpm range).

If you have an RPM range of 0 - 255 then M3 S127 would give you an approximately 50 percent duty cycle.

Then using a voltmeter to measure the output turn the potentiometer until the output reads 5 volts.

You also have to set the yellow jumper correctly. The board I got allows two ranges for the input PWM voltage. One range is 0 - 5 volts and the other is something up to 24 volts.