Aspire and Chilipeppr

Hi.

This is totally a noob question so go easy on me :joy:

Am testing out aspire and slowly starting to get it,but as far as i understand to be able to send something to the x carve we need a gbrl sender of some sort,this be Chilipeppr og something else ?

Why is this not possible directly from Aspire ? ? Were talking software that cost 2000 :heavy_dollar_sign: :scream: and it cant do this ? ? wow this is kind of crazy i think…

And i have for the whole day now been trying to get chilipeppr to work but no way,just cant grab my head around it…jeeeezzzzz :triumph:

1 Like

Alternative:

I tinkered a bit with chillipeppr the other day but got lost as well. Welcome to the club! :smile:

1 Like

Does anybody know if there is some sort of plugin or something for the Aspire making it possible to carve directly to the x-carve ?
Think it is a little awkward to have to use a seperate program for this.

1 Like

There is nothing that I know of to allow aspire to directly run the machine. I have been using both universal g-code sender and chilipeppr for months. I have stuck with universal g-code sender version 2 nightly builds as it works with much larger g-code files. Once you get the work flow down, generate toolpaths, open in UGS it is quick and efficient, just takes a little while to get the hang of it. If you are having issues getting UGS to work or even chilipeppr, I would be happy to walk you through it.

Hi Erik.

I think i will be going for the universal g code sender.

But i get a error message that ugs has not finished booting.

Can not get past this point.

Could it be incompatible with windows 10 ?

I will check a little more later today what exactly is the error message.

Runs fine on my win 10 machine…

1 Like

I am also running Windows 10…make sure you have the latest version of Java installed and you select the correct speed to connect, 115200, that usually gets people.

3 Likes

oh yeah. The Baud rate got me the first time. :smile:

It has become a bit to late here in norway now,and one to many beers :beers: to take any chanses in the workshop :scream:

So this is my main project for tomorrow :smiley:

Thanks for the help :+1:t2::grinning:

Hmmm just cant get this to work,jeezz :scream:

Here is a printscreen showing some alarm of some kind …

Wow :sunglasses: Think i got it now,happy happy happy :smiley:

It is useful to read the help section sometimes :smirk:

:heavy_dollar_sign:X removed the alarm and the machine control seem to work now,so now I will try a project :grinning:

1 Like

I believe the $X is a motor lock and is engaged every time UGS is started.

Beware of the jog feature! Mine ALWAYS start in inches!

theres a $X button on the machine control tab