Aspire to work?

Good morning (local 6.30Am) all forum members

I have downloaded Aspire 8.5 trial.
How do I do to get it working with my X-Carve

Kristian

All you need is the appropriate post processor file that will cause Aspire to generate the correct G-code for the X-carve,

Then you would use one of the G-code senders to send the file to the X-carve (UGCS, ChiliPepper, Easel, etc.)

I don’t think the trial version of Aspire will let you output G-code. That’s limited to the paid license version.

I have started Easel, do I have the “G-code sender” to get it started with my easel ?

Easel is an all in one solution. It’s all you need to start using your X-carve.

1 Like

Thank you sir
I´ll try it out this weekend.
Is it ok to post a question if I don´t get it working ?

Post as much as needed there are many of us that will try to help out.

1 Like

Thank´s for helping a newbee here

Where can I find what you called UGCS or ChiliPepper
How do I know what to use ?

@KristianAng as Mentioned above, for most things, Easel will get you up and running. You can both make your designs and control your machine, all from within Easel. There is a forum within these groups devoted entirely to Easel.

Another options, is to use a separate program to do your designing (I use VCarve for example> which can produce the gcode (the instructions telling your machine what to do) and then I use Universal Gcode Sender (UGS) to send these instructions to my machine.

Lots of options, lots of apps, lots to learn…

Again, as mentioned above, ask lots and lots of questions. These furums are filled with friendly and patient people who will happily help you out with all the problems you’re likely to encounter.

Be patient, you’ll come to love your machine I’m sure.

1 Like

http://chilipeppr.com/

aspire post processor https://www.inventables.com/technologies/aspire#file-attachment-disclaimer

1 Like

Thank´s Shane but,
I must be an idiot, in the link above (GitHub - winder/Universal-G-Code-Sender: A cross-platform G-Code sender for GRBL, Smoothieware, TinyG and G2core.)
Was to much information for me to understand what to use.

UniversalGcodeSender-v1.0.9.zip (9.6 MB)
No not an idiot. These things just take time if you ever rode a bike think back to when you were learning that it’s kind of like that but replace the bike with a uni cycle and replace the soft grass to land in with a tight rope spanning the grand canyon. but really it is pretty easy just takes time patience and alot of reading and alot of asking questions.

I would have to agree. I still use it quite often fast and simple solution.

Any tutorial to watch how to create a gcode ?

You can work through some of the tutorials here. Although, you can’t create the G-code with the trial version of Aspire you can work through the process that would generate G-code by setting up tool paths covered in the tutorial.

Thank’s Larry
it looks like I have lots to learn hear

1 Like

Your missing the part where you can’t use aspire trial edition to create a gcode

Michael, please explain

If your using the trial edition of aspire or vcarve you can do everything it you want to you just won’t be able to save the tool paths at all however I’m unsure if you save the pr9ject as a crv file and let someone who has the program create be able to save the tool paths and give them back to you

Hi all helpful and nice forum members

I have gone thru a lots of tutorials, and downloaded the pp file
but I can´t get the x-carve to running
I don´t know what I´m doing wrong here
Please help

If you create a design in the trial version, a non-trial version will not be able to open it.

1 Like