Autodesk Artcam

I’ll stick with free version for Bitmap to vector future only. Doing very good job.

So based on conversations with Autodesk it looks like the ArtCam Standard is pretty much the equivalent of what used to be ArtCam Insignia.

The Insignia product was very close in features to what is provided in the Vectric Aspire product.

So for about $30/month ($360/yr) you can license a very powerful 3D CAD/CAM package that is roughly equivalent to the $2,000 Aspire product.

There is not a trial version of ArtCam Standard available right now, but AutoDesk says no problem, just purchase a one month License of ArtCam Standard for $45 and at the end of the 30 day license ask for a full refund which they will grant no questions asked. Then you can decide if you want to purchase the full one year license or not.

I have not purchased the one month license yet, but I think I will just to see what the new software can do.

1 Like

Autodesk is now selling a one year subscription to ArtCam for $180 (half of the $360 they used to charge)

I worked with the demo version of ArtCam and it can do 3D design like Aspire, so getting a year of use is a great deal for just $180 ($15 per month) versus buying Aspire for $2000

Allen, wanted to check in and see how ArtCAM is working for you and specifically whether you had any post processor issues and did you use Easel or UGS

If you have post processor issues look here:

https://discuss.inventables.com/t/artcam-post-processors-for-x-carve/33540

I have used the inch post processor for ArtCam and had no problems. I used UGS to send the gcode from ArtCam to X-Carve.

Nice tutorial for creating 3D Relief with ArtCam Standard